Before anyone rushes into setting up their own website I strongly recommend you review the following nine questions. This is probably the most important planning you can do before moving your business online.
- What are my short and long-term business goals?
- How will I use my website to achieve these goals (what do I want it to do)?
- How will I measure my website’s performance?
- What do I want to emphasise?
- Who are my targeted visitors?
- How will I measure success?
- Who is accountable for my website’s success?
- What resources (e.g. time, energy, money, people, skills, technology) do I have available for building my website?
- What are my limitations?