Stripe is a great way to collect payments online. It’s easy to use, looks good and integrates well with your existing website.
It also allows you to setup recurring payments (subscriptions).
However, if you want to schedule a subscription (e.g. change the start date or limit the number of payments) it can be a little tricky first time round and there are a couple of ‘gotchas’ if you’re not careful. Many people make the mistake of clicking the Schedule subscription button prematurely. Hopefully, these instructions will help.
Before you start, you will need to have added the customer and the product that will be the basis of the subscription.
How to schedule a subscription in Stripe
- Log in to your Stripe account and click on Customers.
- Click the customer you want to add a subscription to.
- Scroll down to subscriptions and click Create subscription.
- Select a product and click Schedule subscription.
- There are two things you need to change: The start date and the number of cycles (see the screenshot below). The number of cycles is simply the number of times the payment will be taken from the customer before the subscription ends (normally subscriptions keep going until the customer requests you to cancel it).
- Pick a custom start date for the subscription to start. Important: After picking the date, click the back arrow NOT Schedule subscription.
- Click the number of cycles and change to the number of times you want the payment to repeat, then click the back arrow.
- When the start date and cycles are correctly selected, click Schedule subscription.
That’s it, you’re done!
If you need any help, feel free to contact us, or learn more about our full ecommerce website solutions currently priced at just $699, and include full integration with Stripe online payments.